After sharing the post “What is seo” Now i am sharing the most valuable part of SEO that is called “On page seo”. Many bloggers do mistakes on there on page seo.
Bloggers think the on page seo is only about meta tags and titles or keyword but it’s not about just adding meta tags. this is the process to analyze complete webpage according to search engine guidelines.
What is On-Page SEO?
On-Page SEO is the process of improving the visibility of any webpage or website for increasing the ranking on search engines for getting more relevant traffic to our website or blog post . this process is performed within our webpage and i’ts HTML codes.
Many bloggers do the mistakes on this process and over optimized there post, that is not good for SEO. Search engine can decrease the rankings of over optimized blog posts and websites. Keep in mind that the search engine is only ranked the posts that created for readers not for search engines because SEO is changed day by day. Search engine updating there algorithms for improving the results of SERP and deliver the more relevant results for users.
On Page SEO Points:
Here i clear the points of on-page SEO for improving your website’s search engine visibility and getting more traffic from search engines.
1. Meta Tags:
Meta tags are used in the website’s HTML coding for telling search engines about the website. We can use many meta tags on our website or blog like: Title, Description, Keywords, etc. Now I tell you how to create proper meta tags for any website and how to implement them.
- Title Tag: The title tag is most important factor for On Page SEO. Use your keyword in title tag and make it short and simple. This is define the topic of your blog post so make meaningful title. Write your title between 50-60 characters because the search engines only show the 60 characters of the title.
- Meta Description: Meta description is a short description of your blog post that tells search engines about your topic. Make sure your blog post meta description is written in between 150-160 characters. Don’t write description more than 160 characters.
- Meta Keywords: Keywords are very important for any blog or website but google don’t read the keywords on your meta tags but other search engines still read the keywords in meta tags. Use maximum 6 keywords for any single webpage.
Content is the most important factor of any blog because the more content helps you to get more traffic from search engines. Search engine loves fresh and unique content because the fresh content is more important for users and search engines.
- Always create the unique content for your blog, visitors will attract to your blog for reading unique content. Don’t copy content or rewrite from other blogs that will hurt your SEO and decrease your rankings on search engines.
- Write at lease 500 words blog post that can engage the new visitor to your blog and cover all the points of your blog post. Describe all the points in brief so visitors can understand all the points of your blog post.
- Use your keywords in the blog post properly but maintain the keyword density for your content. Don’t over optimize your blog post because this is called black hat SEO. Use paragraphs in the post, separate the points with paragraphs.
Also Read : How To Write Quality Blog Post
3. Use Heading Tags:
There are six heading tags available in HTML that is h1 to h6. Heading tags are used for define headings of any website, search engine also consider heading tags for increasing the ranking of websites and blogs.
You can use h1 tag only one time in one webpage because search engine can ignore the double h1 tag. put your keyword in h1 tag and use h2 tags.
4. Optimize Images:
Use ALT tag and title tag for every image on your blog because search engine not read the images, but search engine reads the title and the ALT tag of the image. Use proper word in ALT tag that describe about your image.
Example: <img src=“imagename.jpg” alt=“image description” title=“image title”>
5. Reduce Page load Time:
The page loading time is the most important factor for use experience and search traffic. Many new visitors can quite your blog for slow loading speed and your bounce rate is increase that can affect your rankings.
- Reduce the size of your images because images take more time to loading.
- Combine your css for decreasing the page size. css generally use for adding styles for the web page.
- Remove unused plugins from your wordpress blog.
- Use the caching plugin for your wordpress blog.
Also Read : Why Use WordPress For Blogging
6. USE SEO Friendly Urls:
Use clear and simple url format for any webpage. Avoide dynamic url structure like www.example.com/?p=120 always use keyword reach urls like www.example.com/yourkeyword
7. USE Internal Links:
Internal links are very important for on page SEO. Link your old posts on your new post. internal linking can increase the indexing rate of your blog.
8. Use Canonical Tag :
Canonical tag is a simple HTML tag like alt tag, This is used to avoid the indexing of URLs with same content. Many eCommerce websites generates dynamic URLs same the same products like: http://example.com/productname and http://example.com/productname=search%keyword but Search engines don’t know which is the original content URL. So we use canonical tag to tell search engines about original URL
Canonical tag : < link rel =”canonical” href=”http://example.com/productname”
So i shared the complete on page guide here, you must follow these On Page Techniques for increasing your search rankings and Don’t use Black Hat SEO Techniques for faster results.